Saturday, December 13, 2008

Finger foods!!!


Do you like finger foods? I know I do! The Egyptians were also very fond of finger foods! Food for us is the key to survival and something to fill our hungry bellies! Food for the Egyptians was an offering or gift to the gods.(But, of course they ate it because none of them would have survived if they didn't!) There was a very large amount of bread, joints of meat, roasted fowl, baskets of fruit and vegetables and jars of beer and wine for the wealthy. Believe it or not, the Egyptians drank beer every day like it was water! Pretty gross, huh?They ate salted and fresh fish, but not much meat!

1 comment:

  1. I could SO not be an ancient Egyptian...I HATE fish. Blehhh. Though I guess I could do the finger foods...but NOT the fish. Ugh.

    ReplyDelete